I'm a traveling consultant who doesn't update this thing anymore.

See if I'm online:



Stonehenge and Bath


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



So, I have not one, but TWO pictures with me in it! Crazy...

This morning we all had to get up and get ready for our bus to leave at 8am. We all piled onto the busses and made our way to Stonehenge getting some very useful information along the way. I'm going to assume most of you know what Stonehenge is...as I explained it to the one person who didn't... After getting there we had an hour to walk around the stones. This probably wasn't the best thing as I now have way too many pictures of some rocks. As cool as they are, there's only so many times you can look at them. Here's pic numero uno of me with Adam, one of my flatmates:



Moving on, we got back on to the road and headed over to Bath. Now Bath was a town created by the Romans in 43 A.D. during their occupation of England. Some naturally occuring hot springs provided some very mineral rich water for bathing. Apparently the water just coming up now is 15,000 years old, as it has to pass through quite some distance of rock, picking up minerals along the way. So the main outdoor spring looks pretty nasty, but had some cool steam coming off of the steady water. And it was warm.

After walking around the baths for a while, we decided to branch out and check out the city as we had another 2 hours. There were some cool churches, nice shops, and a square where crazy musicians practiced their art. So, this would be the second picture of me and Leyna:




Then came the two hour bus ride back to London through some nice country side. Getting back, I discovered that my gym was closed...so I just did the fat lazy American thing and cooked a bunch of pasta. Oh well...fun day, but homework comes now...


0 Responses to “Stonehenge and Bath”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm dave
  • From Seattle, WA, United States
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

Cool Stuff

    Subscribe to my RSS feed

    Creative Commons License

      Free Web Site Counter

      Leave me voicemail

      www.flickr.com
      This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from redheadfreddo. Make your own badge here.


    follow redheadfred at http://twitter.com

    My Recently dugg stories:


ATOM 0.3