I'm a traveling consultant who doesn't update this thing anymore.

See if I'm online:



Look closer


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Alright, after being bugged about not having posted last night about my DISCOVER group, I'm finally getting around to it. So, here ya go.

Last night we watched the trailer for "American Beauty" to start off our meeting. There were images of a "typical" neighborhood, with the white fences and all that. Then as the trailer progessed it kept getting more in depth in the lives of the residesnts. Basically, while everything may look nice on the surface, there's always more going on if you look closer.

Relating this to reality, I find that it's pretty true. We all have so much going on these days we rarely take the time to look closer at anything, even our own friends in some extreme cases. The Jesuits have this cool idea where you sit down once a day and replay the day thining about good things and bad things that happened. Taking this time to reflect is quite helpful when looking closer. You may have noticed something odd but didn't have the time to think more about it when it happened. Going through your day you'll remember this and have more time to actually think about it. I dunno, I do it sometimes and find it quite interesting.

Anyways, that's what we talked about. I still have some other things to write about but I don't have time right now.


0 Responses to “Look closer”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm dave
  • From Seattle, WA, United States
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

Cool Stuff

    Subscribe to my RSS feed

    Creative Commons License

      Free Web Site Counter

      Leave me voicemail

      www.flickr.com
      This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from redheadfreddo. Make your own badge here.


    follow redheadfred at http://twitter.com

    My Recently dugg stories:


ATOM 0.3